Enjoy 360 degree views of red rocks and river front as you spend the day with Canyonlands Field Institute as you paint! Join us for a day of painting and exploration on the Colorado River. Jump on board as we float and spend the day painting en Plein Air!
* Weather permitting*
8 am Meet at the Moab Arts & Recreation Center
8:10 am Travel to Gold Bar Campground in a CFI van with guides and river gear
8:45 am Arrive at launch for orientation and safety talk
Morning: Enjoy a leisurely float to our painting destination while learning about this areas geology and history.
10:30 am Land and begin painting for three hours. A lunch will be set out and further discussion of this unique landscape while painting will ensue.
1:30 pm Pack up our supplies and embark back onto the rafts to finish our day.
3:00 pm Arrive at Potash Boat Launch
4 pm Return to the Moab Arts & Recreation Center
Suggested Personal Gear List
Travel light, but travel right!
- Swimsuit or shorts and athletic top for gals
- Rain gear (rain pants and rain jackets ALL seasons, storms come up suddenly)
- Shirt: long sleeve for sun protection
- Pants: long or shorts (appropriate to season & need for warmth or sun protection)
- River shoes: tennis shoes or sandals that can get wet (sandals must have secure heel strap); must wear footwear at all times
- Jacket or warm sweater spring and fall
- Hat or cap, for sun protection (even cowboys and boatmen wear one)
- Sunscreen (a burn is too easy)
- Camera (we have light duty “river bags” for gear; bring your own high-quality waterproof camera pouch for expensive camera/video equipment please)
- Personal items: protective lip balm, medications, etc.
Water bottle (1-qt or 1-liter) VERY IMPORTANT! We provide refill water.
- by ACTIVE Network
- Where: Gold Bar Campground to Potash Boat Ramp
- When: October 07, 2018
- Time: 8:00 am to 4:00 pm
- Group Size: 12
- Age Group: 16+
- Deadline for Signup: September 9, 2018
- Cost per Person: $150/person
- Deposit: $50 nonrefundable, applies to total fee